This is the final newsletter of the 2015/16 season; a brief update on the TSC Annual General Meeting and looking ahead to next season.
On Tuesday 3rd May 2016 a well attended Supporters Club AGM was held at Vauxhall Road. Click here to read the minutes; in summary:
- The supporters club finished the season in a very good financial position, however it as reiterated that we relied on a few donations and Last Man Standing proceeds to get us through the season and this is something we cant count on going forward – in particular we are no longer allowed to run the Last Man Standing competition.
- The membership count for 2015/16 was 54 adults, 19 U18’s; it was unanimously agreed to keep the membership fees at £10 adults, free for U18’s/students.
- The organised travel throughout 2015/16 was reflected on with plenty of positive feedback.
- It was proposed that the photo ID scheme would be abolished to make it easier for our membership secretary to process applications, however Dave Boggins (in attendance representing HHTFC) stated that he aims to implement a discount scheme for members at the club bar on match days and photo ID would be required to prove membership for the discount to be applied. Proposal to abolish the photo ID scheme retracted.
- A noticeboard has been purchased by the TSC and this will be put up on the wall inside the Vauxhall Road bar to promote TSC activities – along with a lockable postbox for membership application forms to be securely left for the membership secretary. There will also be a document holder installed and filled with membership application forms for fans to collect. Installation will hopefully be complete by the end of June.
- With the absence of the Last Man Standing competition as we go in to a new season, other fund raising activities are being explored, including a monthly cash prize draw. On the social side, we’re aiming to organise a quiz night to take place midweek during the opening months of the season.
- To promote the TSC, during 2016/17 Hemel fans (including non-members of the TSC) will be able to vote on-line for a Player of the Month competition. The monthly winner will be presented with a bottle of bubbly by a TSC member.
- TSC will assist HHTFC’s fund raising activities in 2016/17 by selling match ball sponsorship; Graham Sherman has taken ownership of this activity but all TSC members are invited to help promote and sell the sponsorship. Further details on the prices and policies will be revealed during pre-season.
- The TSC Committee for the new season will be:
- Chairman: Kevin Hickman
Vice Chairman: Kevin Paterson
General Secretary: Chris Pelling
Treasurer: Marc Willmore
Membership Secretary: Danny Green
Social Secretary: Danny Green
Respect Officer: Graham Sherman
Youth Member Representative: Vacant (currently pending review of one application)
General Committee Members: Tony Parrott, Mark Thompson
Thank you all for your support in 2015/16. Click here for a 2016/17 membership application form.
Click here to see the members benefits, click here to see how you can raise funds for the TSC when you shop on-line (this is free and easy – I raised £1.06 for the TSC just by booking in my car for a new tyre at F1 Autocentre via the EasyFundraising website… every penny counts!)